5 Simple Steps for Using LinkedIn to Grow Your Business
August 28, 2013
LinkedIn can be a valuable social platform for those in business. From raising awareness, to gaining insight and building connections, the potential for productive results is there, assuming you take advantage of the opportunities.
How to Use LinkedIn to Your Advantage
With a few simple steps, your business can be discovered, and represented in a positive light.
- Make sure your profile and your company page are up-to-date and complete. Profiles are searchable, so be sure the information you have posted represents your business in its best light. Don't neglect opportunities to use images, including a professional business headshot and your company logo.
- Make connections, build relationships. Follow companies and individuals you would like to do business with. Be responsive and communicate when opportunity arises.
- Use recommendations and thank those who recommend you. Make the most of your product and service section. On the right sidebar of the products and services page, visitors will see names, titles, companies, and profile images of LinkedIn users who have recommended your products/services. This puts recommendations at the forefront and displays testimonials much more prominently.
- Become a valued resource. Reach out with relevant information, like trends in your field, company news, and announcements on new products and services. Participate in groups, pose thought-provoking questions, offer help, share infographics, industry statistics or links to helpful articles.
- Target your status updates to specific audience segments. As a company page admin, you can specify who sees your updates by narrowing down details such as industry, company size, job title, geographic location, etc. Apply filters to tailor your communication to those most likely to respond.
Benefits of LinkedIn Premium
Finally, if you want to use LinkedIn even more effectively as a marketing tool, you can pay to upgrade your account. LinkedIn Premium users have added features that basic users do not, such as details about who has viewed your profile, access to full profiles of prospects, In-Mail messages, advanced search features, and more.
75% of all professionals in the U.S. have a LinkedIn account. Always use LinkedIn to research prospects before meeting or contacting them. Look for any common contacts or interests to build rapport.
Looking For More Help?
Social media marketing is a practice that demands a lot of time – a commodity that's in short supply for many businesses. Luckily, we are here to help.
Are you ready to get started with Brave River's social media monitoring & management service? Contact us today at 401-828-6611 for your free social media consultation.