When you want to forward users and search engines from one URL to another, you will add a redirect.
To add a redirect:
- Click the Redirects menu item.
- Click the blue Add New Redirect button.
- This Add New Redirect pop-up will appear:
The Add New Redirect pop-up
- In the Source Path field, enter the URL path that you want to redirect.
- In the Target field, enter the URL that you want users to be redirected to.
- When redirecting to an internal page – only input the URL path that resides after the host name. (e.g. /blog/blog-post/)
- When redirecting to an external page – enter the full URL (https://www.domain.com/blog/blog-post)
- In the Redirect Type drop down field, you have two options:
- The default selection - Redirect Permanently - will permanently redirect traffic.
- Selecting Redirect Temporarily will temporarily redirect traffic. This type of redirect is often used for website maintenance or a redesign.
- Click Save New Changes.