Losing company data can be not only stressful but can become very costly and time consuming. There are more ways than ever to prevent data loss on your personal or company computers, servers, and devices. This guide is to educate you on where backup recovery systems are today and which system is best for you and your company.
Here are some backup recovery platforms that you can use:
- Managed Service Provider
How Data Backup and Recovery Technology Can Help You:
As you can see from the list below there are numerous ways to backup, recover, and manage your important files. The processes used really comes down to the type of platforms that are being use, costs, and how you want to back-up your files. Here are a few ways you can prevent your important and sensitive data from being lost.
- Backup Your Files Using:
- Inline Deduplication
- Reduces storage needs, bandwidth requirements, and backup costs
- Minimized time for completion of full back up or replication process.
- Helps distributed networks stay protected while reducing backup storage footprint
- Protect against local disasters and data loss by using the cloud
- Secure and efficient replication of data to cloud, virtual appliance, or AWS.
- Offsite Vaulting
- Minimizes costs of backing up storage
- Cloud-to-Cloud Backup
- Backup for cloud-based data on platforms like Microsoft Office 365, Exchange Online mailboxes, One Drive from folder and file data loss.
- Near Continuous Data Protection
- Updates/backs-up only to new or changed files, minimizing the backup window required.
- Recover Your Files Using:
- Data Recovery
- Offers a wide range of restore options: Organizations with physical servers can perform bare metal restores in case of catastrophic failure, while virtual environments benefit from fast image-based restores.
- In the event of a complete site disaster, some companies will pr-load the most recent data and configuration settings stored into the cloud storage onto the replacement unit for emergency restores.
- Organizations protecting their VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V environments can leverage cloud storage if their own virtual environment goes down. Customers can have their local backup act as storage, booting the protected virtual machine from a deduplicated state within minutes.
- Management Tools:
- Centralized Management
- Robust central management tools allow organizations to manage multiple sites from a clean and simple-to-use interface. Administrators can define roles in their organization for access to each location.
- Flexible Deployments
- Backup is available as both an all-in-one physical appliance or as software that can be deployed in virtual environments to leverage existing compute and storage infrastructures.
Yes, there are so many options that your head can start spinning, but the important thing to note is that backing up your company and customers information is not only important but a must. If you are interested in learning more about securing your company data feel free to contact us. Brave River is the market leader in the IT security field as well as for data backup and disaster recovery services.