The Brave River Solutions Business Analyst / Support Analyst oversees a variety of Technology initiatives for a large web-based payment platform. The position includes technical support responsibilities as well as performing a Business Analyst role on software development projects.
Submit Your Resume
Technical Support Responsibilities
The Business Analyst / Support Analyst will be the point person to triage support tickets for a large online payment system. Solid communication skills and attention to detail are critical. The Business Analyst / Support Analyst will perform the following technical support tasks:
- Utilize a ticket system to coordinate and communicate with our client and Brave River Solutions Project Manager / Director.
- Triage the ticket: gather the necessary details, recreate the problem, perform analysis on specific database tables and elements, and assign the detailed task to a developer within Azure DevOps.
- Detailed Business Analysis skills are a must to be able to understand the system functions and what might be causing the issues reported.
- Ability to update database tables when necessary, using Microsoft SQL Server
- Keep the statuses, assignments, and priorities up to date in the ticket so the client and internal team members are working in concert.
- Perform QA on the remedied process to prepare the change for client UAT and deployment working in concert with the developers and Project Manager / Director on the deployment (CICD) pipeline process.
Software Development Responsibilities
The Business Analyst / Support Analyst helps coordinate activities across the development team (in conjunction with other PM/BAs), monitors project progress toward objectives and plan, and actively participates in QA testing. The Business Analyst / Support Analyst is responsible for working with developers to execute and manage the project to ensure an on-time under-budget completion of project.
- Ability to work/manage multiple projects / work efforts at the same time
- Work with clients and other team members to gather business requirement
- Develop detailed business requirements documents, user stories, and work item
- Collaborate with Development Teams on Technical architecture, technical requirements, and project/task estimates
- Experience working with offshore development teams is a plus
- Create a task list and project plan using Azure DevOps or Jira
- Conduct weekly/biweekly status meetings with clients and development teams
- Develop a test plan and conduct formal QA before passing site/system to the Client for project acceptance.
The successful candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in some/all the following skills:
- Custom Software Development/Product Development
- Detailed business requirements documentation (user stories)
- Project planning/execution with Azure DevOps or Jira
- Knowledge of Database components/SQL/query building
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Project Estimating (with developers)
- Technical system architecture knowledge (APIs, front-end/web and database components)
- Customer interaction in a consulting environment
- Experience working with 3rd party components and tools (card processing, text messaging, mail services, etc.)
- Experience implementing solutions for clients using other platforms (financial applications, software packages, eCommerce, ERP, etc.)
- Structuring test plans and executing formal QA testing
- Collaborating and working with developer teams
- Experience with ongoing product/system improvement and/or support
- Regression testing (manual or automated)
- Previous exposure to / experience with coding is advantageous but not required.
Compensation & Benefits
- Compensation commensurate with experience and skills
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage (includes an employee contribution)
- Life insurance / Long-term disability coverage
- 401K with company match
- Business casual environment
- Hybrid Work Schedule (2 days per week in office)
- Options for Continued Training, Professional Development, and Certifications
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster. Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
Submit Your Resume