This is a full-time hybrid position with a fast-growing technology firm located in Warwick, RI. The right candidate will be passionate about technology, enjoy learning new skills, and thrive on collaboration with Project Managers, Business Analysts, Designers, and Developers.
A Software Architect serves a technical leadership role on the Brave River software development team. The position is a combination of advisory involvement on large/unique custom development projects, and hands-on development on selected projects. The Software Architect will work in conjunction with our CTO and Application Development Manager to stay abreast of the latest technologies and help to define the right technologies and architecture for a given client project.
Extensive knowledge of the software development process and corresponding technologies in an Agile environment is critical for the success of the Software Architect.
Submit Your Resume
- Conduct independent research and develop prototypes utilizing new technology
- Lead brainstorming sessions with internal teams and clients to develop potential solutions for business needs or problems
- Mentor developers and act as a technical advisor for development team members
- Engineer solutions involving custom software, open-source components and cloud architecture
- Assist in troubleshooting problems within software systems and resolve the issues
- Possess a broad understanding of coding and programming languages
- Have experience with database design and data modeling
- Exhibit an excellent understanding of design patterns and architectural styles
- Exhibit a good understanding of Web Services and API-based software architectures
- Possess strong soft skills, including attention to detail, problem-solving and communication skills
- Work with other developers to validate API, content, and architecture decisions
- Work to enforce and evolve strong SDLC practices for teams including CI/CD
- Drive product excellence by helping teams define and build products that are scalable, secure, and maintainable
- Work with Developers to create tasks from user stories
- Work with the CTO to architect best-in-class solutions
- 3+ years of engineering leadership experience — including leading teams and mentoring individuals
- Deep understanding of software engineering and established best practices
- Proficient with our core technologies (.NET Core, MS SQL, React, Angular)
- 5+ years of experience in a custom software development environment
- Proficiency with DevOps tools such as Jira, Azure DevOps, Git, Visual Studio
- Ability to work/manage multiple projects at the same time
Nice to have:
- Experience with developing and supporting software systems that process large volumes of transactions
- Knowledge of banking / financial operations for ACH or Real-Time Payments (RTP) or payment processing
- Experience with automated regression testing, static analysis, and unit testing
- Experience managing near-shore / off-shore development teams
Compensation & Benefits:
- Compensation commensurate with experience and skills
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage (includes an employee contribution)
- Life insurance / Long-term disability coverage
- 401K with company match
- Business casual environment
- Hybrid Work Schedule
Apply today by sending your resume, specifying salary requirements and indicating position in subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster. Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.