This is a full-time hybrid position at a Brave River client in Cranston, RI. The client has many internally developed software systems, and our team is responsible for supporting existing systems and evolving the software to make use of newer technologies.
The ideal candidate will enjoy learning the details of the client industry for which you'd be building software, and becoming a subject matter expert as you help to architect and build new applications.
The .NET Developer will work closely with the Brave River CTO and will be responsible for carrying out the vision / product roadmap for this client. This will be accomplished via a hands-on developer role. The .NET Developer will work closely with users of the system with support needs and collaboration on requirements and design for enhancements.
The .NET Developer will be responsible for developing solutions in the Microsoft stack: .NET 4 and .NET Core 3 (soon to be .NET 6), C# and VB.NET, Entity Framework and SQL Server (T-SQL). Front-end technologies include Windows Forms, Windows Presentation Foundation, MVC and JAM-based web apps and APIs.
Submit Your Resume
What the Right Professional Will Enjoy:
- Work with the full range of Microsoft technologies.
- Assisting the CTO in establishing best practices and standards for the Dev Team.
- Support the existing VB.NET applications while learning the industry and helping to evolve the technology stack.
- Work using modern workflows including feature branching, pull requests with code reviews, automated testing, hygiene analysis, and CI/CD.
- Work in a fun and dynamic environment with people who are extremely passionate about software development and the value it brings to the organization.
Apply Today If Your Background Includes:
- 2 or more years developing WinForms apps in VB.NET and an in-depth understanding of Web Services/API's.
Proficient experience developing Windows Forms and Web-Based Applications with Integration points for enterprise level companies.
- Strong Software Development Lifecycle experience (Agile methodology experience is preferred).
- Extensive knowledge of web evolution and architectures.
- Thorough understanding of the fundamentals of software design principles, patterns, and practices.
- Solid understanding of relational database concepts, data modeling, and design.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
Involvement in all aspects of the software development life cycle including analysis & design, development, testing, and implementation.
- Place a high value on the quality of deliverables
- Produce deliverables according to client timelines, using established development tools, resources, and procedures.
- Employ excellent organization skills, ability to multi-task and handle multiple project priorities within a given day/week.
- Work with the development team to design, develop, test and deploy highly interactive and data-driven web applications.
- Develop REST/JSON Web Services and back-office applications using the newest Microsoft stack of technologies including ASP.NET Core MVC, C# and SQL Server.
- Apply good technical practices and contribute to the application architecture with a focus on scalability, maintainability, security, and performance.
- Design and write unit tests and participate in code reviews.
- Research and introduce new technologies with the CTO as appropriate.
- Provide diagnostic support and fix defects as needed.
- Provide technical guidance, training, and support to other engineers.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Prior experience with any of the following technologies / tools is a plus.
- Test Driven Development
- OOP/Coding design pattern experience
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 - 2019
- Strong T-SQL/Stored Procedure experience
- Performance tuning
- Entity Framework
- Azure or AWS experience
- HTML5/CSS pre-processors
- Experience with continuous build/deployment tools
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university, or equivalent experience.
- Good communication and client-facing skills
- Effective utilization of office productivity tools (e.g. Word, Excel, Microsoft Teams, e-mail) to manage personal and team project work.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as with other team members
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience and skills
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage (includes an employee contribution)
- Life insurance / Long-term disability coverage
- 401K with company match
- Hybrid work schedule (Office and Work from Home)
No relocation is being offered for this position. Principals need only apply. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Submit Your Resume