Project Manager / Business Analyst
We are looking for an energetic, organized, and motivated individual to join the Project Management team in our Warwick, RI office. A Brave River Solutions Project Manager / Business Analyst (PM/BA) oversees a variety of Business Technology Projects for our clients. Projects range from the design and development of websites / and eCommerce storefronts, to the development and support of sophisticated custom software applications.
Must be able to translate business requirements and project objectives into an actionable project plan, define the role and function of each team member, coordinate activities across the design and development teams, monitor project progress toward objectives and plan, and developing and managing the schedule to ensure an on-time under-budget completion of projects.
A thorough understanding of the software development life cycle is required. Experience in one or more of the following is a plus: Software implementations, website/eCommerce design and development, or quality assurance and testing processes. The PM/BA will coordinate resource requirements with the BRS VP of Application Development; and will communicate with the client Project Manager regarding status of the project relative to timeline and budget. The PM/BA must be able to develop and manage a living project plan, identify changes in scope, and communicate impact on timeline and budget to clients.
- Work closely with Client to define and manage the project
- Gather business requirements and develop detailed business requirements documents
- Create task lists and gather estimates from BRS team members
- Collaborate with Sr. Developers on technical architecture
- Create a project plan that defines all BRS and client responsibilities
- Conduct weekly status meetings
- Develop test plans and conduct formal QA before passing site/system to the Client for project acceptance.
- Develop an ongoing relationship with Clients and assist in future business development
The successful candidate will have at least 2 years of experience in project management and business analysis. In addition, the PM/BA will have experience in some/all of the following skills in a similar software development environment:
- Managing multiple concurrent projects
- Waterfall Project Management
- Client interaction in a consulting environment
- eCommerce development
- Project Estimating (in conjunction with developers)
- Detailed system / databases design
- Graphical design (UI / UX)
- MS SQL Scripting
- Developing SSRS reports
- Structuring test plans and executing formal QA testing
- Agile / scrum methodologies
- Automated testing tools
- Frequent interaction and collaboration with developers
- Code reviews (.NET / MS SQL)
- Internet Marketing (SEO, SEA, Social Media)
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time position. Compensation commensurate with experience. We offer health, dental, vision, 401k with a company match, Sec125, Long-term Disability and Life Insurance.
All this in a professional, creative, fun, casual, team-oriented environment!
No relocation is being offered for this position. Principals need only apply. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Apply today by sending your resume, specifying salary requirements, and indicating position in subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org.